Lawyer - Stratford
Govett Quilliam is one of Taranaki’s most trusted law firms with a strong brand and exceptional people.
With a standout team culture, a wealth of benefits and the opportunity to enjoy hybrid working that suits your lifestyle, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
We require a lawyer with an interest and experience in the areas of conveyancing, trusts and estates law to join our highly regarded and busy Stratford Team. The work will be varied and there will be frequent opportunities to work closely with our teams based in New Plymouth. We are looking for someone who enjoys working proactively, has a flair for initiative and a natural personable approach essential to supporting our clients. You should also demonstrate integrity and drive.
You will be exposed to a variety of work, including:
- Acting on property matters, including the sale and purchase of residential, rural and commercial property
- Providing advice on existing trust structures, formation of new trusts, winding up trusts and requirements under the Trusts Act 2019
- Estate planning, including preparing Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Memorandum of Wishes and being involved with succession planning matters
We are looking for a confident, proactive candidate who enjoys working as part of a team and who demonstrates integrity and drive. Strong client relationships are one of the foundations of the success of Govett Quilliam, so a willingness and aptitude for building solid relationships with our current and future clients is essential.
We offer access to regular professional development and mentoring, and make use of a recognition and feedback platform to keep in touch with our team on a weekly basis.
We believe that delivering a superior service starts with an excellent team culture and we prioritise making GQ the best place to practise law.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance
- We are committed to helping our team continuously improve through training and exposure to high quality and varied work
- We collaborate across teams and projects and leverage the skills and experience of each other
- We endorse new technology and our new office reflects our move to becoming a digital practice
- We value and nurture authentic connections within our community
If you would like to join the GQ experience, please submit your CV and cover letter in confidence to our HR Coordinator email@example.com